This item is currently unavailable
The Cheetah C50 tells you in advance about the location of speed cameras and high risk accident zones.
Using the C50 you will become more aware of your speed, your surroundings and any approaching road hazards. You'll know where to expect red light runners or drivers unexpectedly slamming on their brakes. And if you're distracted for any reason the safety alerts will get your attention back onto the road.
65 Camera Alerts - Trinity 2.0 Enhanced Database
The C50 is the only camera locator in the world that can tell you not only what type of camera is ahead but also if the camera is on a side road, the dual carriageway, the motorway, the motorway exit, on the flyover, the city street, in the tunnel, after the end of the tunnel, in the construction zone, in the school zone, or near the bridge ahead.
Most competing devices will just beep at you. If they have a voice, it usually only gives 3 or 4 alerts. The revolutionary Cheetah C50 is the world's first GPS CamBuster to provide nano alerts! It uses the industry's leading Trinity 2.0 Enhanced Database to provide 65 different camera alerts, giving drivers more useful, detailed, camera information than any other detector on the market.
Spoken voice alerts + SpeedTone Intelligence, not just beeps
C50 alerts are clear, concise spoken alerts, so you know instantly what kind of hazard you are approaching. The C50 talks to you - far better than other products which only beep!
SpeedTone Intelligence ensures that the C50 only ever beeps at you when you really need to slow down, to avoid getting a ticket! During speed camera alerts, the C50 gives extra warnings whenever you are travelling faster than the posted speed limit. These warnings get more insistent as you approach the camera, and if you drop back below the speed limit, the tones stop immediately.
Directional Intelligence = Fewer false alarms in cities and on motorways
The C50 only alerts you when you need to know about an approaching hazard. Camera alerts are directional, which is a huge benefit in cities with many cameras. The C50 only alerts you to cameras which are operating in your direction of travel. This results in fewer false alarms than radius alerting devices. You won't be bothered by false alarms for cameras on the other side of the road, or by cameras that are several blocks away covering a different direction!
Directional Intelligence = Multi-direction alerts
The C50 isn't just directional, it's also multi-directional. It can give you different alerts as you approach a location from different directions.
For example, warning signs for red-light cameras are often placed on all four approach roads, but the cameras usually only catch drivers in one or two of the directions. In User Mode 1, when it knows which directions are actually being covered, the C50 gives a full alert for the enforced approaches and a different alert for the non-enforced approaches. The alerts for non-enforced approaches can be turned off at the touch of a button by switching User Modes.
At red light camera intersections where the camera checks your speed when the lights are not on red, the C50 will tell you it's different from a usual red-light camera, so you won't consider accelerating to beat the yellow. It will let you know the speed limit and can also tell you if there are different speed limits being enforced on each of the approach roads.
3 User Modes - One touch selection
There are 3 User Modes:
- All cameras, safety alerts, and mobile traps
- Red-light cameras and speed cameras
- Speed cameras only
Changing User Modes is as easy as pressing a button. Swapping modes cuts out alerts that you don't want to hear by changing the types of alert that are enabled or disabled.
In User Mode 1, the C50 will alert you to a red light camera intersection from all directions. Selecting User Mode 2 or 3 switches off the alerts if the camera is not monitoring your direction of approach. This makes the C50 quieter to use than other products in places with a lot of enforcement cameras. In User Mode 3, the warnings for standard red light cameras are also switched off.
5 speed reminders - Set real enforcement thresholds
Most other camera locators let their users set a reminder beep to alert drivers when they exceed their chosen speed limit, but usually they only let you set one speed limit and it's always rounded down to the nearest 10mph or 5mph.
Cheetah takes this feature to the next level, making it far more useful for drivers. On the C50 you are able to store up to five separate speed reminders. You can set them on the unit while driving or you can use the Cheetah Software Tool. There's no rounding down either. You can set alerts in increments of 1 mph, for enforcement thresholds like 4 mph or 9 mph over posted speed limits so that you don't find yourself accidentally creeping into the ticket zones.
The Trinity Database covers all cameras
The C50 alerts to any type of enforcement camera including:
Average speed cameras
Known camera van locations
Known speed trap sites
Red light cameras
Speed-on-green red light cameras
Accident zones and dangerous intersections
Thanks to Trinity, the largest and most accurate speed camera database in the world, you're covered against such cameras as ATS, ACS, LaserCraft, Nestor, Gatso, Redspeed, Traffipax, TruVelo, Redflex, SPECS Peek, Robot, Sensys, Watchman, Speedcurb and many more.
Trinity Verification means fewer false alerts
Other products, sat-navs, and some competitors' devices rely on crowd sourced content generated by the users. They are plagued by false alarms caused by users mistakenly reporting traffic management cameras as red light cameras.
Trinity is verified by Cheetah's professional in-house database team, so there are far fewer false positive alerts.
Adding new cameras - 2 Membership Packages
The Trinity 2.0 enhanced database is pre-loaded for your region, so the C50 is ready for use straight out of the box. We have a selection of different regions available, which can be seen on the order page.
You can manually enter up to 100 locations for your own safety reminders (eg. new cameras, speed traps, etc).
Alternatively, there are two Membership Packages available which provide unlimited database updates via the internet:
Gold Membership - 3 years of unlimited camera updates and a 1 year warranty.
Platinum Membership - Lifetime updates, 3 years warranty, and free databases for other regions when you travel abroad.
Both Membership Packages include the Cheetah Software Tool for database updates and upgrading features on the detector, as well as priority email support, and newsletter. Everything you need to update your C50 is supplied. There's no need to purchase a separate power supply unit for your home because the C50 takes the power it needs straight from your PCs USB socket.
Cheetah Software Tool (Members only)
The Cheetah Software Tool* allows you to perform quick and easy camera database updates as often as you like, whenever you like. (*requires membership package).
It also lets you customize extra features. You can:
- Set the warning distance to 15, 20, 25 or 30 seconds based on your vehicle speed.
- Set a fixed warning distance of 650 yards / 600 metres.
- Enable the accurate Atomic Clock feature and change your local time zone.
- Add, remove or change up to five speed reminder settings.
- Change speed measurement units from Imperial (mph) to Metric (km/h).
- Export personal locations for sharing as a .CSV file, which can be used in other applications, like Google Earth.
The value CamBuster with quality features
The C50 will remind you as part of the start-up sequence when it's been longer than one month since your last update. You can use the C50 with headphones on a motorcycle or hook it up to your car stereo for camera alerts through your car speakers. You can even use the C50 unit to provide a GPS signal to other devices like laptops or PDAs.
For the complete list of features, scroll down this page. For more information on how these features work, please consult the Owner's Manual, which you can download from the link at the top of the page.
- Plug & go - ready to go straight out of the box
- State of the art - visual, voice and tone alerts for:
- Red light cameras
- Fixed speed cameras
- Speed-on-Green red light cameras
- Point-to-Point average-speed cameras
- Known camera van locations
- Speed trap sites
- Accident black-spots (High risk accident zones)
- Preloaded with data for your region's cameras - Europe, North America or Australasia
- Three User Modes let you turn off alerts you don't want to hear:
- All cameras, mobile traps and safety alerts
- Red-light cameras and speed cameras only
- Speed cameras only
- Trinity 2.0 Enhanced Alerts - 65 different spoken voice alerts for more accurate, useful camera info
- Helpful sound effects before alerts for instant recognition - Camera click for locations that issue tickets - Three beeps for safety alerts
- Speed limit announcements during camera alerts
- Extra warning tones when above the speed limit during speed camera alerts - urgency increases automatically in closer proximity to the camera
- Camera direction alerts - No false alarms for speed cameras on the other side of the road
- Switchable alerts for the non-enforced camera directions at intersections (where the enforcement directions are recorded in the Trinity database)
- Automatic memory update reminders - after a month since the last update
- Add/delete up to 100 personal locations - one-touch
- Add/delete your own personal speed reminders
- GPS speed display
- 8 point digital compass display
- Internal GPS antenna - fast start up time
- Remote antenna socket - for vehicles with Athermic windscreens or non-standard installations
- Volume control
- Earphone socket - for motorcycles, connection to car audio, etc
- GPS output feed via USB - for connection to netbooks, laptops, PDAs, etc
User Software Tool (only with Membership Package)
- USB database updates via PC and the internet - unlimited access for updates in your region
- Warning distances adjustable by time or distance
(15, 20, 25 and 30 seconds or a distance of 650 yards / 600 metres)
- Manage your personal locations and share with others - export locations in common .CSV format files
C50 Box Contents
1 x Cheetah C50 GPS Detector
1 x Magnetic Puck
1 x Power Cord
1 x Download Cable
2 x Cable Tidies
1 x Instruction Manual
|External Antenna (3m)||£29.99|